Saturday 4 August 2012

Busy Times!

Very busy few weeks on the Sunshine Coast.  
A Wedding, catching up with family, having a wonderful time with 3 of our grandchildren & their parents. Also catching up with friends from home who now live in and around this area.
Driving here and there with a little shopping inbetween, plus another busy week ahead with the heater on every night, infact it's been colder than where we live. (at night only)  When all said and done it is 'winter'.
The beach is across the road, we have a swimming pool here at the Apartment.





The Maroochy River


The Big Pineapple, Nambour.  Queensland.
This was left to ruin and has now been restored with a train ride and market at the site thus far.
There was a pinapple orchard there once, and I can remember it was a great tourist attraction.

12 comments:

  1. That pool looks like heaven, you must be having a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah,
    Great pool, has barbecue area. Oh yes, having a great time ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh M I am so excited for you I can tell you are having a great time. I am heading to a wedding here today it is going to be 40c with the humidity I think I shall be very warm. I think Canada is turning in to Australia or possibly Tasmania.
    Have a good time my dear dear friend. I will be thinking of you enjoying the pool while I wilt in the outdoor wedding sun:) Love G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the wedding you went to went off well & I bet you had a great time. Gosh that is a bit hot.

      Delete
  4. I just love The Big Pineapple! How great to have a pool & beach right outside your back door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great pineapple...and lovely to walk across the road to the beach.

      Delete
  5. I also can remember when The Big Pineapple was a greatv tourist attraction, yes I am that old........lol It is good that it has been restored and is looking good again....

    ReplyDelete
  6. that pool looks really inviting. so glad you are having a great time. it's foggy here again this morning but hopefully will be a little sunny this afternoon. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't go in for a swim, wasn't warm enough unfortunately .

      Delete
  7. Welcome to QLD. Hope you continue to have a good time. It can get cold at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. It sure did get cold at night many nights.

      Delete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop