Monday 11 March 2013

Knitting

It's been a very long time since I did any knitting.  I guess it would be when my sons were little as in toddlers, then knitting seemed to go out of fashion and warm jumpers were cheaper to buy than pure wool, so therefore I ventured into crocheting dollies for my then alive mother and myself, progressed into making rugs or throw overs for the bed which I use when I stop at my dads to sleep.
However, I have crochet several plus some shawls, then it dawned on me I should see if I could still knit seeing as I had bits and piece of wool left over, so hence I commenced a jumper for myself and have nearly finished the front, yes knitting in the heat in the evening time getting ready for winter.
All these later crocheting and knitting is acrylic wool, but I did buy some Alpaca wool to knit later.

 

12 comments:

  1. it looks very nice M, i like the colour combination. i can knit a scarf, can't follow a pattern very well. it took me a year to make a scarf and then it was full of holes. i taught my mum to crochet years ago and she made bedspreads and blankets. i started her off on a granny square and she just kept going. i would love to see a photo of your finished jumper. :) hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When finished which will be a while yet I will take photo and put on blog. Clever mum to do bedspreads, and they do look lovely. I have never done one of those.

      Delete
  2. Oh M I LOVE the colours the Alpaca wool would be nice. I do not knit or crochet but I wish I had of learned. This is beautiful M. xxoo G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Alpaca wool if so soft.
      I learnt to knit with nails :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely combination of colours and your knitting is so precis and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never learnt how to knit or crochet my mum tried to teach me how to knit but I couldn't get it and just like mum never got how to crochet........My mum use to knit the best jumpers and vests

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fiance tried to knit several months ago. Much harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I suppose it is hard when first learing, and knitting is not everyone's cup of tea :)

      Delete
  6. You haven't lost your touch. It looks very neat and professional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop